OBAMA AND ROUHANI - A CALL TO ACTION
September 24, 2013
When: Tuesday, September 24, 5pm
Where: Dag Hammerskjold Plaza, 47th Street at Second Avenue, Manhattan
Sponsored by: Havaar: Iranian Initiative Against War, Sanctions and State Repression
Join us! There will be signs and banners raising demands such as:
• Will you lift the sanctions and stop collectively punishing the Iranian people, who are suffering terribly?
• Will you stop saying “all options are on the table” and declare that there will be no military intervention in Iran?
• Will you lead the global nuclear disarmament movement by taking major unilateral steps to eliminate the U.S. arsenal of nuclear weapons?
• Will you promote peace in the Middle East by supporting a Nuclear-Weapon-Free Zone in the region?
• Will you put the real needs of the American people and the environment ahead of geopolitics?
• Will you direct your efforts towards releasing political prisoners, including religious and ethnic minorities?
• Will our trade unions live? Will your government stop repression of strikes and independent workers organizations?
• Will restrictions on journalists be removed? Will censorship be lifted?
• Will you push for social justice for women? Will women’s equal access to all fields of higher education be restored?
• Will you initiate anti-poverty and job creation programs?
TO ALL: No nuclear weapons anywhere!
We look forward to seeing many of you this Tuesday! Please forward this e-mail widely and be sure to respond on Havaar's Facebook event page if you will be attending.